Natural light is the most ecological, sustainable source of light and the one most closely connected to human well-being. The goal of a lighting project or a luminotechnical project is to reconcile the source of natural light with artificial light sources to create environments or to illuminate enclosed or public spaces according to the activities that take place in them.
A luminotechnical project should include the following stages:
- Determining the lighting aims
- Choosing the light sources and the most suitable luminaires
- Calculating the number of luminaires
- Distributing the luminaires
- Calculating economic viability
Arquiled develops lighting projects in three areas: street lighting, architectural lighting and commercial lighting.